Skip to Content
A+ A-
Get Email Updates:

Veterans Customer Satisfaction Program Resources

January 28, 2011

Thank you for completing the Veterans Customer Satisfaction Program survey.

The following information, websites and contact information are resources to assist you with questions or concerns that veterans have about their benefits. If you cannot find the information you are looking for or need further assistance, please contact Senator McCaskill's St. Louis office at 314-367-1364 or through our contact page. If you would like to comment on veterans' policy, please click here.


If you have a claim or appeal with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Senator McCaskill's office can check on the status of your case or write a letter of interest on your behalf. Please note that Senator McCaskill's staff can not expedite claims and/or appeals, and does not have the ability to influence a case's outcome. They can help to ensure that the VA gives your case the consideration it deserves.

How to File a Claim

To file a claim, you should visit the Department of Veterans Affairs or call.

Education: 1-888-GIBILL-1
Life Insurance: 1-800-669-8477
Health Care: 1-877-222-8387
All Other VA Benefits: 1-800-827-1000
TDD: 1-800-829-4833

Many of Missouri's veteran's organizations can also help veterans in their claim process. See links to these organizations below.

Expediting a Claim

If a veteran is terminally ill and has medical evidence to support his or her illness, or can demonstrate evidence of economic hardship such as imminent foreclosure or eviction, the St. Louis VA Regional office will expedite their claim. Veterans should notify the St. Louis VA Regional office of their specific situation which merits expedition.

Department of Veterans Affairs
St. Louis Regional Office
400 South 18th St.
Sr. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 1-800-827-1000

Missouri's VA Medical Centers

Veterans with questions that involve VA Medical Centers such as questions about treatment, fee basis, and prescriptions can request that Senator McCaskill's office on their behalf to contact the relevant VA Medical Center regarding their concerns.

VA Medical Centers

Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Hospital
800 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65201
Phone: (573) 814-6000

Kansas VA Medical Center
4802 Linwood Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64128
Phone (816)-861-4700

John J. Pershing VA Medical Center
1500 North Westwood Blvd
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Phone: (573) 686-4151 or (888) 557-8262
St. Louis VA Medical Center-John Cochran Division
915 North Grand Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63106
Phone: (314) 652-4100 or (800) 228-5459

St. Louis VA Medical Center- Jefferson Barracks Division
1 Jefferson Barracks Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63125
Phone: (314) 652-4100 or (800) 228-5459

St. Louis VA Medical Center-John Cochran Division
915 North Grand Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63106
Phone: (314) 652-4100 or (800) 228-5459

Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks
1100 North College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Phone: (479) 443-4301 or (800) 691-8387

Fee Basis

For questions regarding fee basis, veterans should contact the patient representative at the VA Medical Center where you receive treatment.

VA Medical Centers' Nursing Services

Although the VA does not usually offer long-term nursing home care directly, there are services for Missouri veterans. The Missouri Veterans Commission provides Missouri veterans with long term skilled nursing care. Please contact the Missouri Veterans Commission for further information.

Prescription Assistance

Veterans should contact the patient representative at the VA Medical Center where you receive treatment for prescription assistance.

National Personnel Records Center

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) contains all military service records from WWI to present. Veterans often need records to support a claim for Social Security purposes, employment and to obtain medals. Senator McCaskill's office cannot normally expedite the request for records, but they can make records requests on behalf of the veteran.

Some records may be unavailable because the NPRC suffered a fire in 1973. The center can often reconstruct a veteran's records, however.

How to obtain a copy of discharge papers, service records and/or service medals and decorations

You should complete a Military Records Request.

Contact Information for the National Personnel Records Center:
National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
Telephone: 314-801-0800
E-mail: *
Status Check: *
Fax: 314 801-9195

Missouri Veterans Organization

Some of the national organizations that can provide assistance:

Air Force Association
Air Force Sergeants Association
American Ex-Prisoner Of War Association
American Legion
Disabled American Veterans
Fleet Reserve Association
Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America
Korean War Veterans Association
Marine Corps League
Military Officers Association of America
Military Order of the Purple Heart
Military Order of the World Wars
National Association of Atomic Veterans
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Special Forces Association
The Retired Enlisted Association
United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.
Veterans of Foreign Wars
Vietnam Veterans of America
Women's Army Corps Veterans Association

State of Missouri-Veterans' Services

Missouri Veterans Commission
205 Jefferson Street
12th Floor Jefferson Building
P.O. Drawer 147
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Phone: (573) 751-3779 or (866) VET-INFO (838-4636)